The Quote Course module allows for tuition pricing estimates to be calculated and printed. Users are able to reference program/course fee totals without first invoicing students.
1. From the Billing menu, click Quote Course.
2. Select the Course for which costs will be calculated from the pull-down.
3. Select the Semester for which costs will be calculated from the pull-down.
4. Select the Quarter for which costs will be calculated from the pull-down.
5. Select the Progress Period for which costs will be calculated from the pull-down.
6. Select one of the Quote By radio buttons to determine if you'd like to quote costs by Semester, Quarter, Section, Course, or Custom. Note: Only one selection can be made.
a. If Custom is selected, you will need to enter additional information: Hours to quote and/or Days to quote.
7. Select one of the Cost Tier radio buttons to determine how costs should be calculated: for a Resident or Non-Resident student, or a student that qualifies for Free/Reduced. Other Cost Tiers can also be set up via Billing > Cost Tier Setup.
8. Select the Include School Fees check box to add limited fees created via Manage Limited Fees to the student’s quote.
10. Click Run Report to generate a quote for the selected criteria.
The quote displays the Program name, Course, Section, Fee Title, Taxable amount, Bill Per selected such as Hour, Quantity, the Fee Price, and the Fee Total.
11. To print the quote, select a Letterhead Template from the pull-down and click Print Quote. Note: If a specific template has not been set up, leave the pull-down as None.
Templates must first be set up by the district via (Setup > Letterhead Templates).
a. Clicking Print Quote will generate a print preview screen. From this screen you have several options including, Rotate clockwise (circular arrow), Download as a PDF (down arrow), Print (printer icon), Fit to page (small inner arrows), Zoom in (plus sign), and Zoom out (minus sign). When finished, click the X to return to the Quote Course screen.
Before running the report, you have the option to save selected Quote Selection criteria by clicking the Save Report (floppy disk) button.
1. Click the floppy disk Save Report icon to save the report. Doing so will prompt a pop-up box to name and save the report.
2. Once named, the report can be opened from the saved report pull-down directly from the Quote Course screen.
3. After opening a saved report, the toolbar will show additional icons to delete (trash can) or modify (blue arrow) the report.
Click the Excel icon in the Export section to export the table of data to an Excel spreadsheet, which can then be saved to your computer.
Click the Printer icon to print the table of data.