Identify Badge Behaviors
The Identify Badge Behaviors screen allows teachers to set up badges to award to students for good behavior.
Focus by default uses the terms "badge" and "badges" for the items that are awarded to students for good behavior, but your district may have customized the terms used. Please note that different terms may be used on your district's Focus site.
The badges teachers create must be associated with an administrator-created Badge Type.
1. In the Discipline menu, click Identify Badge Behaviors.
2. In the blank row at the top of the table, enter the Badge Title.
3. Select the Badge Type to associate with the badge.
The default icon for the badge type is displayed in the Icon column. You can use the default icon, or select/upload a new icon.
4. To select or upload a new icon for the badge, click Select.
5. Select a Recommended Icon, or to upload your own icon, click Choose a file and select the file from your computer.
Any icons you have previously uploaded will be available in My Icons.
The new icon is displayed in the Icon column.
6. Press Enter to add the row.
7. Click Save.
When a badge title or icon is edited, any badges that have already been awarded will be updated with the new title or icon.
1. To edit the title of an existing badge, click the Badge Title field and make the change.
2. To edit the icon of an existing badge, click Select and choose a new icon.
3. Click Save.
Badges are available to award until they are deleted. Teacher-created badges are available until the teacher deletes the badge, or the associated badge type is deleted by the administrator. Deleted badges that have been earned still display the title and amount in the student's earned totals and History detail in Reward Positive Behavior.
1. Click the red minus sign next to the badge/badge title to delete.
2. In the confirmation message, click OK.
The row is grayed out to indicate it will be deleted.
3. Click Save to complete deletion.