The Class Requests screen allows parents to view requests made by students and administrative staff. Students can create scheduling requests for the following term or school year.
1. Click Class Requests.
2. In the top left corner of the screen displays the number of requests and alternates made by the student or administrative staff. The number of credits and units are also listed; in this instance, the student requested 7.0 credits worth of classes and 6.0 units worth of classes.
3. The information in the upper right corner of the screen explains whether the requests made have been Approved by Counselor and whether requests have been Locked for Students. In the example shown, the student's counselor has reviewed the requests made. The requests screen is not Locked for Students meaning students are still able to submit and edit requests.
4. The table shown displays the Course title, Credits, Course # (number), Elective Priority, Term (if a specific term is specified), With Teacher (if a specific teacher is specified), Without Teacher (if a specific teacher is specified), With Period (if a specific period is specified), Without Period (if a specific period is specified), Approved By Teacher, and Last Modified By.
The "Approved By Teacher" column will not display if the school does not use the teachers approve course requests function.
5. To export the course requests to an Excel spreadsheet, click the Excel icon in the Export section.
6. To print the course requests, click the Printer icon in the Export section.
7. Use the Filters feature to further breakdown data. Click on the word Filters or OFF to turn them on.
Once enabled, you can begin filtering data. To add more than one filter to a column, click on the green plus sign. To delete an added filter, click on the red minus sign. Select the gray arrow for more filtering options. For more information click on the following article: Filters.
8. You can also sort data by clicking on any of the headers. Click once for ascending results; click twice for descending results.
1. Click Class Requests.
2. If not already working in the next school year, click Switch to 202X-202X to switch to the next school year.
Any requests already entered by administrative staff, teachers, or the student will be displayed in the table at the top of the screen. Requests entered by administrative staff or teachers will be locked from editing by the student. In this example, no requests have been entered.
Students can enter requests in the table at the top of the screen or by using the Quick List at the bottom of the screen. The Quick List is organized by graduation subject. If any requests have already been entered for a graduation subject, a green check mark will display next to the subject.
3. To enter requests using the Quick List, select a course from the pull-down next to the graduation requirement.
4. For electives, enter the Elective Priority in the field next to the course pull-down.
A priority of 1 ensures the elective is scheduled at the same level as courses without a number. A priority of 2 or higher will only be scheduled if a course with an elective priority of 1 could not be scheduled. Leaving the priority blank indicates that this is a core or non-elective course. If this is left blank, than alternative requests will not be looked at by the system.
5. If an additional elective needs to be requested beyond the three spaces provided, click the green plus icon.
6. Select the course from the pull-down and enter the Elective Priority.
7. After entering the requests in the Quick List, click Save.
If an error is encountered, such as the prerequisites for a requested course have not been taken, a pop-up window will display with the error.
8. Click Cancel to close the message, and then change the request that caused the error. Click Save.
Once there are no errors, the requests are added to the table at the top of the screen.
9. To add requests to the table at the top of the screen, select the Course to request in the blank row.
10. For electives, enter the Elective Priority.
11. Press Enter to add the request.
12. To modify a request entered by the student, select a different Course or change the Elective Priority. The rest of the fields cannot be edited by the student.
13. To delete a request entered by the student, click the red minus sign next to the course.
14. In the confirmation message, click OK.
15. To delete multiple requests, select the check box next to each request to delete.
16. Click Delete Selected Requests at the top-right corner of the screen.
17. In the confirmation message, click OK.
Students cannot modify or delete requests entered by administrative staff.