The Absences module allows parents and students to review attendance as it pertains to the selected student.
1. Click Absences.
As a parent, click the down arrow next to the applicable student, then click Absences.
2. Click Summary to open the Absence Summary as opposed to the Attendance Chart.
From this screen, you have the ability to review daily attendance displayed by period.
3. You will see the Date, the Daily attendance code, the Time In and Time Out (if applicable), and all attendance codes per period.
For an explanation of each code, see the legend at the top of the screen. The legend also lists the number of periods and days each code was applied. For example, U (Unexcused Absence) was applied for 7 periods.
For listed days and percentages, see the section below the legend, as shown in the image below.
There are also totals for each code listed at the bottom of the Absences Summary under ABSENCES.
4. Hover over each code with the mouse for detailed information about the course, period, date, etc.
5. Click the floppy disk icon to export the information to an Excel spreadsheet.
6. Click any of the headers to sort data. Click once for ascending results; click twice for descending results.
7. To make the list full screen, click on the expansion icon (four arrows) next to the Search text box. Once in full screen mode, click the icon again to exit full screen.