The Attendance Chart module makes it possible to review students’ attendance records. Parents and students can set a date range for which to view attendance. In addition to reviewing students’ attendance data, parents/students can also export, print, and filter listed data.
1. Click Attendance.
As a parent, click the down arrow next to the applicable student, then click Attendance.
2. From the Attendance screen, click Chart.
3. To adjust the attendance summary to reflect a specific period of time, click the Report Timeframe date text boxes to enter a date range. You can also click on the calendar icons to select the dates.
4. You have the option to choose whether you'd like to see the attendance by day or by period. This option will default to Daily. Use the pull-down to select a period instead.
5. Once a time frame has been set and a period selected (or daily), click the Update button.
The Attendance Summary displays the Course name, the number of Absences per period/course, Attn Periods (number of attended periods), Sched Periods (the number of scheduled periods), Daily Att % (daily attendance percentage), and the attendance code per day as listed. Note: If enrolled at a post secondary school, you will see Attn Hrs (number of attended hours), Sched Hrs (the number of scheduled hours), and Hourly Att % (hourly attendance percentage).
Notice the totals listed at the bottom of each column. The Total Present and the Total Absent are listed as well. Note: If enrolled at a post secondary school, you will also see the Total Hours.
6. Review the attendance codes for each day. Hover over each attendance code for more information.
7. Click Summary to open the Absence Summary via Absences.
8. Click the student's name to open Child Info / My Information.
1. If the chart contains several pages of information, Page numbers will displays along with Prev and Next buttons. Utilize these buttons to sift through pages. Click the Page text box to enter a page number. Press Enter to jump to that page.
2. The Attendance Chart screen contains several different features, such as the Export section. To export the attendance chart data to an Excel spreadsheet, click on the Excel icon in the Export section.
3. To print data, click on the Printer icon in the Export section.
4. Use the Filters feature to further breakdown data. Click on the word Filters or OFF to turn them on.
Once enabled, you can begin filtering data. To add more than one filter to a column, click on the green plus sign. To delete an added filter, click on the red minus sign. Select the gray arrow for more filtering options. For more information click on the following article: Filters.
5. You can also sort data by clicking on any of the headers. Click once for ascending results; click twice for descending results. In the image shown, results have been sorted by clicking on Absences.