Attendance Verification / Sub Rosters
The Attendance Verification feature gives teachers the ability to confirm, print, and verify (sign) attendance, which can be a great asset for auditing purposes and state reporting. In addition, the same sheets can be transformed into a roster for a substitute to easily take attendance.
1. From the Attendance menu, select Attendance Verification / Sub Rosters.
2. This navigates to the Attendance Verification / Sub Rosters screen where different options display along the top of the screen.
3. Enter the timeframe for which you need verification of attendance. Note: This can be set to a future date if wanting to use as Sub Rosters for taking attendance.
4. Then select the period from the pull-down. You can select one, multiple, or all periods as needed. For Attendance Verification, select all periods for which attendance is taken. For Sub Rosters, select all periods that a substitute will be present.
Use the Check all visible and Clear selected links for quick selections.
5. Select from the following options:
- You can include Page Breaks between each section for each course.
- You can Print signature lines; this extra can be helpful if using for state reporting and/or auditing purposes.
- Hide empty classes (i.e. classes without any assigned students): This option is useful when a teacher has a placeholder class with no enrolled students.
- Select Sub Rosters to generate and print student rosters for the substitute teacher.
6. When all selections have been made, click the Print and Preview buttons to verify and print attendance sheets and/or sub rosters. It is recommended that you preview the attendance sheets before printing to be sure they are accurate.
7. Shown in the image is a Print Preview, which includes Page Breaks between each section and Sub Rosters selections. When finished reviewing and printing, click Return To Focus.
8. Shown in the image is a Print Preview, which includes Print signature lines and Hide empty classes selections. When finished reviewing and printing, click Return To Focus.
9. From the print preview screen you have several options including, Rotate clockwise (circular arrow), Download as a PDF (down arrow), Print (printer icon), save as part of Bookmarks (bookmark), Fit to page (small inner arrows), Zoom in (plus sign), and Zoom out (minus sign). When finished, click Return to Focus to return to the Attendance Verification / Sub Rosters screen.