The Referrals screen is used to view submitted referrals. From this screen, teachers can view student documentation, print discipline letters, and print the referral.
1. In the Discipline menu, click Referrals.
2. On the Search Screen, enter search criteria to locate an individual student or group of students and click Search.
For more information on how to conduct a student search, see Searching for Students.
A list of referrals matching the search criteria is displayed. Depending on the settings enabled by your school or district, you may only see referrals entered by yourself, or you may see referrals entered for your students by other staff. Scroll to the right to view the referral form fields.
To customize the columns that display in the referrals list, click Toggle Columns. In the pop-up window, deselect a column to remove it from the referrals list, and then close the pop-up window.
5. Select Show Referrals From All Schools to display referrals for your students that have been given by another school.
6. Select Include Inactive to include inactive students in the list of referrals.
7. Select All Years to display referrals from all school years.
The "Show Referrals From All Schools," "Include Inactive," and "All Years" options only display if your profile has the permissions to use these options.
8. Select Minor Infractions to view referrals that were marked with "Minor Infraction - No administrative action needed."
The minor infractions functionality must be enabled by your school or district in order to use the Minor Infractions option.
9. Click the Student link to open the referral.
10. Once the referral is opened, you can review the referral information, including any additional information or actions added by an administrator to the referral. For minor infractions you have submitted, you can edit the Minor Infraction - No administrative action needed check box and the Teacher Code (as needed). If a referral has been processed by an administrator, you cannot mark the referral as a minor infraction.
If an administrator has sent a referral back to you for correction, you will receive a Portal alert indicating a referral has been returned with comments.
The administrator's comment will display at the top of the referral. Edit the referral as needed and click Save to resubmit the referral.
The referral includes a link to the Student Documentation tab of the student's record. If the minor infractions functionality is enabled for your school, then a list of the student's minor infractions from the school year is also displayed.
1. At the top of the referral, click the purple info icon.
2. After reviewing the information, click Close.
3. To add student documentation, from the Students menu, click Student Info. Then, click the Student Documentation tab to review any previously added documentation and/or add new documentation.
Teachers may be able to print discipline letters set up by your school or district when viewing a referral.
1. At the top of the referral, select a letter from the Print a Form/Letter pull-down.
2. A PDF preview of the letter will generate and can be saved to your computer or printed. Click Done to go back to the referral.