The Instruction Groups feature provides teachers an easy way to organize students into groups to rotate to various stations or activities for an allotted time.
Teachers can create new instruction groups from scratch by setting up groups, rotations, and assigning students to the groups/rotations.
1. The students in the section are displayed along the left side of the screen. To the right of the Students list is the work area where new instruction groups are created. Begin by entering a date into the Until field. The instructions groups will be effective from today’s date until the date you enter.
2. Enter a Name and Description for the first group in the New Group block.
3. Click Add.
4. The group is added along the top of the screen. Add additional groups using the New Group block.
5. Hover the mouse over the green speech bubble to view the group description.
6. Add rotations by filling the rotation title and rotation times in the New Rotation block.
7. Click Add.
8. The rotation is added along the left side of the screen. Add additional rotations using the New Rotation block.
9. Standards can be added to rotations by clicking the designated area on the rotation block. A list of standards assigned to the course will display. Click a standard to add it to the rotation.
10. The standard title will display on the rotation block. Hover the mouse over the title to view the standard description in a pop-up.
11. Assign students to a group and rotation by clicking and dragging the students into the table. Multiple students can be assigned to a group and rotation.
12. Click the Save button at the top-right of the screen to save the instruction groups.
Group or rotation titles, times, and standards can be edited as needed. Students can also be removed from group and rotation.
1. Click the pencil icon on a group or rotation to enable editing.
2. After making the changes, click the green check mark to confirm the changes or the red X to cancel the changes.
3. To edit the group description, click the green speech bubble.
4. After making the changes, click the green check mark to confirm the changes or the red X to cancel the changes.
5. Click the rotation time fields to enable the fields for editing.
6. To change the standard assigned to a rotation, click the standard title on the rotation block. A list of the standards assigned to the course will display. Click a standard to assign to the rotation.
7. Remove a student from an instruction group by clicking the red remove icon on the student block.
8. Click Save at the top-right corner of the screen to save your changes.
Instruction groups from previous days can be loaded to view on the screen.
1. At the top-left of the screen, type in a date or use the calendar icon to select a date to view.
2. Click Load. The instruction groups from the selected date will load on the screen.
3. To view today’s instruction groups, click Today.
Instead of creating instruction groups from scratch, instruction groups from previous days can be copied and then edited as needed.
1. At the top of the screen, select whether you want to only copy groups and rotations or all information (which includes students assigned to the groups and rotations).
2. Type in the date you want to copy from, or use the calendar icon to select the date.
3. Click Copy.
4. The instruction groups will load on the screen. Make any edits as needed, and click Save.
Individual groups or rotations can be deleted as needed.
1. To delete a group or rotation, click the red remove icon on the group or rotation block.
2. The group or rotation will be deleted, along with any students assigned to that group or rotation.
3. Click Save.
All content can be removed from the screen using the Reset button.
To remove all groups, rotations, and students, click Reset at the top-right of the screen.