Sub Take Attendance
The Sub Take Attendance screen allows substitute teachers to record attendance codes for the current date and previous dates, as set by the district.
1. In the menu, click Sub Take Attendance.
2. If you are assigned to multiple sections, select the correct section from the Class pull-down.
The Sub Take Attendance screen defaults to the List view for substitute teachers.
3. Click Seating Chart to take attendance while viewing the student attendance chart and photos, etc.
For more information, see Seating Charts.
This feature only applies to secondary schools and post-secondary schools that aren't using hourly attendance. Post-secondary schools can use Seating Charts for uses other than attendance.
4. Review the Student Information, which includes Student name, Student ID, Grade level, and the number of Days Absent before taking attendance.
The Course Title column displays when the teacher has the preference Combine sections for taking attendance enabled in Preferences. The column displays the course the student is enrolled in for easier distinction. The Course Title column will also display for administrators via the Take Attendance (Teacher Programs) screen when the teacher has the preference enabled.
5. Attendance defaults to Present. Select the correct radio button if the attendance code differs from the default, such as Unexcused Absence, Unexcused Tardy, etc.
The current date displays in the header with an [x] next to it. Click the [x] to close the current date and display attendance for days prior to the current date only. To return to attendance as it pertains to today's attendance, click the Return to viewing today's attendance link.
6. If a comment is required, click the field in the Comment column to enter information that pertains to the attendance code selected.
The Comment column only displays if enabled by the district in Setup > System Preferences.
7. When all codes have been selected, comments entered, etc. click Save.
8. To take attendance for previous days, the first area of the chart displays attendance from all previous days, which can be edited or entered as needed. Use the scroll bar to scroll to the left to view all attendance days. Note: As a substitute teacher, you may not have access to previous days' attendance.
a. Click the field to edit or enter attendance; a pull-down will display as shown in the image above. Click the Save button when the new data has been entered/selected.
Ensure that you have taken the current days attendance prior to taking previous days attendance because upon saving, all current days will save as present.
9. You can also click the Refresh icon to clear attendance that has been entered but not saved to start over. If taking attendance for a post-secondary school, clicking the Refresh icon is useful for updating students' hours and attendance statuses when using the attendance scanner.
Click the student icon arrow to display a student category menu. The category menu can be used in order to quickly navigate to a corresponding screen when the link is clicked.
The menu includes links to the following screens/information, most of which can be found on the Student Info screen: Demographics, Schedule, Grades or Course History, Absences, Add Referral, Test History, SSS, Enrollment, Requests, Standard Grades, Activities, Referrals, and Grad.
The options displayed here depend on your profile permissions to the screens.
Click the floppy disk icon to export the listed data to an Excel spreadsheet.
You can sort data by clicking on any of the headers. Click once for ascending results; click twice for descending results.