The EWS (Early Warning System) screen allows teachers to quickly identify students that are struggling with attendance, suspensions, etc. and open the corresponding screens. For example, if a student is listed for Attendance below 90%, clicking the student's name will open the student's Absence Summary where the issue can directly be reviewed.
1. Click the Reports menu, then click EWS.
The EWS report offers lists, sorted by grade level, of students who qualify for any combination of the state-defined indicators, as shown in the first column below. The information shown is based on the filters at the top of the page, such as Effective Date.
2. Select the Effective Date from the provided month, day, and year pull-downs or click the calendar icon for a calendar view.
3. Select the Discipline & Attendance Year from the provided pull-down.
4. Select a Course Years range from the corresponding pull-downs. If you need to pull data based on multiple school years, select a range here. If you only want to pull data for one year, select the same year from both pull-downs, as shown in the image.
To factor in grades earned in the previous school year as well as current grades, select the previous year from the first pull-down and the current year from the second pull-down.
5. Select the Course Terms for which data should be pulled. As shown in the image, you can select multiple terms.
6. Select the Show Alert Icons check box to display students' alert icons in the report.
7. When all selections and changes have been made, click Refresh Report.
8. Select the Current Year Discipline & Attendance Timeframe from the pull-down, such as FY (Full Year) to display discipline and attendane data based on the selected marking period.
9a. Select any of the number links in any column to view the list of students who qualify for the selected criteria.
In the following example, Number of Students Enrolled for grade 09 was selected.
9b. From the original report, you also have the option to click List All Students to view the report by students.
When a timeframe is selected from the Current Year Discipline & Attendance Timeframe pull-down as described above, you can review the following student information in the report: Student name, Student ID number, Grade level, Num Indicators, ELA Teacher, Math Teacher, ESE FEFP, ELL, Primary Exceptionality, Num Referrals, Num Suspension Days, Daily Abs %, ELA Assessment Level, ELA Q1 Grade, ELA Q2 Grade, ELA Q3 Grade, ELA Grade Q4 Grade, Math Assessment Level, Math Q1 Grade, etc. Note: The grades shown here depend on the timeframe selected.
Legend of colors:
Light Green: Less than 10%
Yellow: Between 10% and 19%
Pink: All other values
Yellow if there is an ESE value
Yellow if there is an ELL value
Light Green: >=90 or 'A'
Yellow: >= 80 or 'B'
Pink: All other values
Light Green: 0 to 2 referrals
Yellow: 3 referrals
Pink: More than 3 referrals
Light Green: 0 or 1 days
Yellow: 2 days
Pink: More than 2 days
Pink: Level 1
Yellow: Level 2
Light Green: Levels 3-5
10. To open the student's record, click on the student's name in the Student column. The screen that opens depends on the report displayed. In the example displayed below, clicking Student navigates to Student Info.
10. When your review is complete, click Back to Summary to return to the main EWS report.
To export the listed data to an Excel spreadsheet, click on the Excel icon in the Export section.
To print data, click on the Printer icon in the Export section.
Click Filters to organize the listed data on any EWS screen.
a. To add more than one filter to a column, click the green plus sign.
b. To delete an additional filter, click the red minus sign.
c. For additional filtering options, click the gray arrow for a filter pull-down.
For more information, see Filters.
Data here can also be organized by clicking on any of the headers, such as Student or Num Indicators; click once for ascending results; click twice for descending results.