Request Grade Changes
The Request Grade Changes module allows teachers to request that a report card grade be changed after the grade-posting window has closed. Once the grade change is requested, an administrator must approve or deny the request. The grade will update once the request is approved. Teachers can view the status of the request on the Request Grade Changes screen.
1. From the Grades menu, select Request Grade Changes.
2. The Request Grade Changes screen is displayed. New requests for grade changes can be submitted, and previously submitted requests are listed at the bottom of the chart.
3. To submit a new request for grade change, start by selecting the Student from the provided pull-down.
The students listed in the pull-down is dependent upon the course selected from the course pull-down located in the header.
The Student pull-down populates with all active students enrolled during the selected marking period not just students with posted grades. If the selected student does not have a posted grade for the selected marking period, administrative users and/or teachers have the ability to enter a grade as if posting the grade.
4. Next select the Term from the provided pull-down. The term selected here will determine the grades available to change.
5. Upon selecting the Term, the Current Grade % field and Current Grade Letter will automatically populate with the selected student's data pulled from posted report card grades via the Post Final Grades screen.
The Request Grade Changes screen respects the Gradebook Configuration preference Only use letter grades in the gradebook - not points. The grade percentage columns are hidden when this preference is enabled.
6. The Teacher field, Course field, and Course Section will default based on your currently active sections, etc.
7. Next, enter an Explanation in the text box provided. This is a required field, so an explanation must be provided. This will help administration determine whether the request for a grade change is acceptable or not.
Please note that this functionality may not be available as it is dependent upon district settings.
Clicking into the field will open a text box. Click the black double lines in the right bottom corner to expand the text box.
8. Enter the New Grade % and press the Tab key to populate the New Grade Letter field automatically.
9. If the New Grade Letter does not automatically populate based on the number entered in the New Grade % field, select the letter grade from the provided pull-down.
10. Once all data has been entered, click into any of the listed fields (except the Explanation field) and press the Enter key to save and submit the request for a grade change. The line will turn blue upon being saved.
11. Once submitted, the Date Submitted field will populate with the date and time submitted.
12. You may also see a Status Explanation if the request was approved or denied and administration provided a reason.
Notice that you can hover over any of the fields for further more compact information.
13. You can also view the Status of your request and the name of the user responsible for approving or denying your request via the Status By field.
14. If your request was approved or denied, the Status Date field will populate with the date and time your request was reviewed.
1. To export data to an Excel spreadsheet, click on the Excel icon in the Export section.
2. To print data, click on the Printer icon in the Export section.
3. You can sort data by clicking on any of the headers. Click once for ascending results; click twice for descending results.
4. Use the Filters feature to further breakdown data. Click on the word Filters or OFF to turn them on.
a. Once enabled, you can begin filtering data. To add more than one filter to a column, click on the green plus sign. To delete an added filter, click on the red minus sign. Select the gray arrow for more filtering options. For more information click on the following article: Filters.