Student Info: Communication
The Communication Student Report displays all communications directly to and from a select student.
1. In the menu, click Students. Then click Demographics.
2. Enter search criteria to locate the student and click Search. See Searching for Students for more information on how to conduct a student search.
3. In the list of students returned in the search, click the student.
4. Click the Communication tab.
The screen defaults to the Student report.
5. To generate the report to display data over a specific time frame, enter a Start Date and End Date in he provided text boxes. Then, click Search.
The Student report displays the Sent Time, Type of message, School, Message, who sent the message in the From column, who received the message in the To column, the Subject, if the message was sent Secure, if the message was Flagged by a teacher or Admin Flagged, and if a Referral was created as a result of the message and flag.
The Flagged message check mark displays if the message was flagged from the Communication screen.
The Admin Flagged message check mark displays if the message was flagged from the Communication screen by an administrative user and a referral was added.
6. Click To to view all recipients' information in a pop-up window; this is helpful when there are multiple recipients so you can view each recipients that received the message.
The Recipients pop-up window displays Last Update, Status, Type, Name, Destination, Regarding Student, Message, Expiration, and Error.
a. Click the Regarding Student to open Student Info.
b. Click the Message to view the entire message in a message content pop-up window.
i. Click the white X to close the message content pop-up window.
c. Click the modal icon to view the row of data in a pop-up.
i. Click the arrows to navigate to the previous and next entries in the table.
ii. Click Close to close the pop-up window.
d. Click the white X to close the pop-up window.
7a. Click the Message to view the entire message in a message content pop-up window.
a. Click the white X to close the message content pop-up window.
7b. Click Play Audio to listen to the Phone Call sent out.
The message starts playing automatically.
a. Click Pause and Play to start and stop the message.
b. Click the Volume button to change the level of the volume.
c. Click the three dots for additional options, including Download to download the message to your computer and Playback speed, which allows you to alter to speed at which the message is played.
d. Click the white X to close the Message Audio pop-up window.
8. If a message was flagged by a teacher, but a referral was not added, you can click + Add to add a referral. If you or another administrative user selected the Admin Flagged check box, you can also click + Add to add a referral.
The + Add button only displays when a message from a student is flagged. All messages from different types of users can be flagged as well, but the + Add button doesn't display because a referral is not applicable.
a. In the pop-up window, select the applicable options and follow the steps for adding a referral to complete the process. Then, click Save. See Add Referral for details.
9. If a referral was created as a result of being flagged, click View to review the referral from the Referrals screen.