The Take Inventory module allows users to take inventory for fixed assets based on inventory windows scheduled via Schedule Inventory.
1. From the Fixed Assets menu, click Take Inventory.
The Take Inventory screen displays Scheduled Inventory, which includes the Start Date and End Date of the inventory window, as well as the applicable Facility, Category, and Department.
2. To take inventory for fixed assets, while the window is open, click the View button in the View column.
3. Clicking View opens the View Inventory tab where the Building and Room default to the first ones listed. To change the inventory displayed, select the applicable Building and Room from the corresponding pull-downs; then, click Load Inventory.
Once the correct Building and Room are selected, review the Inventory section, which displays the Description of the fixed asset, the Barcode, the Assigned User, the Student Name / ID or Assigned Student, the Serial Number, the Building where the item is located, the Room, the Facility, the Manufacturer, the Model Number, the Category, the Department, the Date Acquired, the Purchase Price, Salvage Value, the date Last Inventoried, and the Status of the item, such as A (Active).
The fields displayed here depends on the fields enabled via Fixed Assets > Maintenance > Fields tab.
The first column is the Inventoried column. If this column displays a green check mark, inventory has already been accounted for for the item. If a red X displays, inventory has not been taken for the item.
4. Take inventory uses one of the following methods:
- If your district purchased a handheld scanner, you can scan the barcode of each item. Once the correct Building and Room has been selected, click the Barcode text box and start scanning. The items will display in the Inventory section as items are scanned. Note: If you start scanning items in another room or building, be sure to manually change the Building and/or Room pull-down to reflect the correct information before scanning; otherwise, items scanned will be accounted for in the wrong location.
- You can manually enter the Barcode in the corresponding text box and click Scan. Once added, the item displays in the Inventory section.
- If the item is already displayed in the Inventory section, you can click the red X in the Inventoried column. Once clicked, the red X will change to a green check mark.
A pop-up message displays upon taking inventory for an item currently located in another room. Click Transfer to [Room Number] to move the item to the current room or click Cancel to keep the item in its original location.
Upon scanning or entering the barcode of an item that belongs to another facility, a pop-up window displays stating "Asset is not currently at the selected facility. It is assigned to [Facility Number - Facility Name]." Users with the Allow Transfer Requests From Other Facilities permission enabled via Setup > Profiles > Fixed Assets tab, can click Transfer to [Room] at facility [Facility Number - Facility Name] to initiate a transfer request via Fixed Assets > Transfer Requests.
Once a transfer request is created, the item displays on the Misscans report via Fixed Assets > Inventory Report.
Once an item has been inventoried, you cannot change it to display as uninventoried.
5. If an item is Lost, select the corresponding check box.
6. If an item needs a barcode, select the Needs Barcode check box.
7. You can attach Files and/or add Comments in the two boxes provided.
a. As indicated in the Files section, drag files directly into the box to attach documents or click the Select button to browse for files. Click the Scan File button for direct scanning; this will prompt you to download Dynamsoft. This is a one-time download that allows you to attach files directly from your scanner. In doing so, you will bypass saving the file to your computer first.
b. To add a comment, type the comment in the text box. Then, click the Post button. Note: Once a comment is posted, it cannot be deleted or edited.
Any Files attached or Comments posted carry over to other inventory runs pertaining to the same Building and Room numbers selected. For example, if a Comment was posted for Facility: 0023 - Focus High School, Building: 1, Room: 001 - Library upon taking inventory, the same comment will display on all future inventory runs with the same Facility, Building, and Room selected.
8. When all inventory has been taken, click the Scheduled Inventory tab. From the Scheduled Inventory section, click the Finalize button to lock the inventory window for the applicable Facility, Category, and/or Department. Note: Once finalized/locked, you cannot edit inventory.
9. If the window is Locked as displayed in the Finalize column, you can no longer take inventory but you can Review inventory taken by clicking the corresponding button.
a. Upon clicking Review, select the applicable Building and Room from the corresponding pull-downs.
b. Click Load Inventory to review all inventory taken during the selected window.
c. Upon reviewing inventory, you can still mark items as Lost and as Needs Barcode by selecting the corresponding check boxes, as well as add Files and Comments.
To search for an asset and review information before, during, or after taking inventory, type the item's barcode in the Look up asset text box and press the Enter key.
a. A pop-up display with the asset's information, which includes Barcode #, Description, Serial #, Building, Room, and Status of the asset.
b. Click the white X to close the pop-up window and return to the previous screen.
Use the Filter text box located in select pull-down to quickly find a selection. Begin typing the name or number of the data in question to pull it to the beginning of the list.
Click the Excel icon in the Export section to export the table of data to an Excel spreadsheet, which can then be saved to your computer.
Click the Printer icon to print the table of data.
Click the Filters button to filter data and apply filter rules.
a. To add more than one filter to a column, click on the green plus sign.
b. To delete an added filter, click on the red minus sign.
c. Select the gray arrow for additional filtering rules.
For more information on how to use the Filters feature, see the Filters document.
You can also sort data by clicking on any of the headers. Click once for ascending results; click twice for descending results.