The Receive Orders screen allows users to view information from the original purchase order and mark items as received. Once received, users can also release items for payment, as well as partial release for a portion of item received. Users can enter the number of items returned, if applicable. Fixed assets information including items received and/or returned, serial number, and location of the asset can also be completed.
1. From the Purchasing/Accounts Payable menu, click Receive Orders.
2. Select the purchase order for which items are being received from the Purchase Orders pull-down.
Selecting the PO from the pull-down pulls the Request Information from the original PO completed via Purchasing/Accounts Payable > Purchase Requests/Orders.
Here you can review the Name, PO #, Author, Vendor, Bids, Vendor Contact, Deadline Date, Request Type, Request Date, Order Contact, School Contact, Deliver To, etc.
3. The Close PO check box is selected by default. Clear the check box to keep the purchase order open even after you've received the applicable items. The Close PO check box is typically cleared to keep the PO open for blanket POs or when you are still awaited items to be received.
The Line Items section displays the line items from the original PO and includes the Item #, Description, Price, Qty Ordered, QTY Remaining, Current Receiving, Current Returning, the number Received, the number Returned, Qty Released for payment, the Received Date, and the Receivers.
If receiving items from a stock warehouse purchase order, and if the Add Asile and Bin data to receiving setting is enabled via Setup > Settings > Accounts Payable, the Aisle and Bin information displays for applicable items.
4. Click Receive to receive all items or a specified number of items received.
a. Clicking Receive activates the Current Receiving and Current Returning fields. Enter the number of items received of the number ordered. If some of the items received are being returned due to damages or other reasons, enter the number of items being returned. In the example displayed, 3 items of 3 ordered were received. 1 of those 3 are being returned.
b. Instead of clicking Receive, you can enter the Current Receiving and/or Current Returning items in the fields which automatically marks the item as received once you click Save.
5. Click View/Receive Assets to view and receive items from a PO that contains a fixed asset.
Fixed Assets information is required upon receiving the item depending on the Receive check box being seleced via Fixed Assets > Categories > Current Category.
a. In the Fixed Assets pop-up window enter the number of items Received and/or Returned (if applicable).
b. Enter the Serial Number of the asset in the text box.
c. Select the Building and Room from each corresponding pull-down to indicate where the fixed asset will be housed for inventory purposes.
d. Click Save and click the X to close the pop-up window.
6. Select the Partial Release check box if some of the items have been received but you are still waiting for items to be received as indicated in the Qty Remaining column. Selecting Partial Release allows payment to be sent for the items received even though you are still waiting for the rest of the items. In the example displayed, 3 speakers have been ordered but only 2 have been received; therefore, 1 speaker is remaining. This is also applicable if items have been returned.
7. If the item has been received in entirety, select the Release check box in order to send payment for all items in the PO.
8. Click Save.
9. If all items in the PO have been received and are ready to be released for payment, click Receive and Release All.
If you click Receive and Release All, all items are automatically received and released. You cannot edit the Current Receiving or Current Returning fields.
Files uploaded in the original PO are displayed.
10. Click the attached file link to open and view or download the file.
11. Click the delete button (red minus sign) to remove an attached file.
12. To attach additional files, as indicated in the Files section, drag files directly into the box or click the Select button to browse for files. There is also a Scan File button next to the Select button for direct scanning. Click the Scan File button; this will prompt you to download Dynamsoft. This is a one-time download that allows you to attach files directly from your scanner. In doing so, you will bypass saving the file to your computer first.
13. Review comments made in the original PO. To add a comment, type the comment in the provided text box. Then, click Post.
To quickly open a purchase order by the purchase order number, type the number in the Look up PO # text box and press the Enter key.
Use the Filter text box located in select pull-downs to quickly find a selection. Begin typing the name or number of the data in question in the Filter text box to pull it to the beginning of the list.
Click the Excel icon in the Export section to export the table of data to an Excel spreadsheet, which can then be saved to your computer.
Click the Printer icon to print the table of data.