The Print 1096 module is utilized to run your 1096 form, which summarizes the information from the 1099 forms sent to the IRS for the tax year.
This should come as the last step in the 1099 process. It may be helpful to start by running the 1099 Vendor Report. Afterwards, you can utilize the Print 1099-MISC and/or Electronic 1099-MISC screens.
1. From the Purchasing / Accounts Payable menu, click Print 1096.
2. The Tax Year defaults to the current fiscal year. If you need to change it, select the correct year from the pull-down.
3. Select the Form Type from the pull-down. Options include:
- Box 3 counts MISC forms only
- Box 4 totals any Federal income tax withheld
- Box 5 totals the amount reported with this Form 1096 for MISC forms only
- Box 6 1099-MISC 95 is selected
- Box 3 counts NEC forms only
- Box 4 totals any Federal income tax withheld NEC forms only
- Box 5 totals amount reported with this Form 1096 for NEC forms only
- Box 6 1099-NEC 71 is selected
4. Enter the Tax ID and the District Contact Name.
5. Once all information has been entered, click Submit.
In order to print, you must have a formatted 1096 form.