The Project Report serves as a way to generate detailed project information. Here you have the ability to review all federal project information as well as expended and collected monies for each project.
1. From the Budgeting/General Ledger menu, click Project Report.
The Project Report screen displays several options to generate the report.
The report can be run with all fields shown above left blank. This will generate a report with all project information. None of the fields shown are required. However, for a more defined report, use the fields provided before clicking Run Report.
2. Start by setting a timeframe for project data by entering a Start Date and End Date.
3. You can search on a specific Project Code by entering the number in the provided text box.
Unless the full project number/name is entered exactly, the report will not pull data. For example, if you type in 0041, but the Project Code is actually 0041-DIANA FRY, this will not yield any results. You would have to type it in exactly with the name and dash included.
4. Upon setting up your Elements, if the project was assigned a Fund Restriction, you can select it from the Restricted Fund pull-down to search based on specific funds.
You can review original selections made for projects via Setup > Settings > Elements tab. From here, you can filter on the Category for Project. Click the Details link in the last column to see Fund Restriction and several other options.
5. If you would prefer to search based on one or more specific facilities, you can select them from the Facilities pull-down.
Notice that the Facilities pull-down allows you to choose one, multiple, all, or none. You can also utilize the Check all visible and Clear selected links. For a quick search, use the Filter text box to begin typing the name or number of the facility.
6. For a specific federal project code, type the code into the CFDA Code (Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance) text box.
To review original selections made for projects, from the Setup > Settings > Elements tab. From here, you can filter on the Category for Project. Click the Details link in the last column to see CFDA code and several other options.
7. You also have the option to select the check box Only Show Projects with CFDA. This option will run the report with only information for federal projects.
8. Once all selections have been made and all report criteria has been entered, click Run Report.
You have the ability to save your report before or after running the report.
- Click the floppy disk Save icon to name and save your report.
- You can also click the Trash Can icon to delete saved reports.
- To edit a Report Name after saving, select the report, then click the Blue Arrow next to the Trash Can.
- In order to generate a saved report, from the Project Report screen, select the saved report from the pull-down; your report will generate automatically.
The report lists all information regarding each pulled project; the first eight columns will show the Project Code, Title, CFDA Code, Restricted Fund, DOE Fund, Approved date, Start date, and End date.
The next six columns will display the Stop Encumbrance date, Stop Expenditures date, Stop Amendments date, the total Expended, Collected, and the Difference.
To navigate through the listed pages, click the Prev and Next buttons. To jump to a specific numbered page, type the number in the page text box and press Enter.
Click the Excel icon in the Export section to export the report to an Excel spreadsheet.
To print the report, click the Print icon in the Export section as shown in the image above. Depending on browser settings, this will generate a print preview where you will have the ability to change the layout, print two-sided, etc.
Click Filters to further breakdown your report without having to change the report criteria and rerun the report.
a. To add more than one filter to a column, click the green plus sign.
b. To delete an additional filter, click the red minus sign.
c. For additional filtering options, click the gray arrow for a filter pull-down.
See Filters for more information.