The Payment Plans screen allows users to set up payment plans for unpaid invoices created via Point of Sale.
1. From the Accounts Receivable menu, click Payment Plans.
2. Select the applicable Facility and Customer from the corresponding pull-downs.
Use the Filter text box located in select pull-down to quickly find a selection. Begin typing the name or number of the data in question to pull it to the beginning of the list.
Once the applicable Customer is selected, all unpaid invoices for the selected customer display.
3. Select the Payment Frequency from the pull-down. Options include Quarterly, Monthly, Semi-Monthly, Bi-weekly, or Weekly.
4. Enter the payment Start Date; the date entered must be in the future.
5. Enter the number of payment periods (# Payment Periods) in the provided text boxes. For example, if you select a Monthly payment frequency, enter the number of months it will take for the customer to pay the outstanding amount. In the example shown, 5 has been entered meaning the customer will have to pay $65 a month for 5 month to pay the total outstanding balance of $325.00.
6. Once all information has been entered, click the View Payment Schedule button to display a detailed Payment Schedule.
The Payment Schedule displays all the payments that the customer will be responsible to make including the Due Date as well as the Amount.
a. Click the black X to close the window and return to the main Payment Plans screen.
Once the payment plan is set up, the payment plan amount displays on the Point of Sale screen which includes the new due date. In the Notes column, Payment Plan displays so all users are aware of the amount change.
7. Once a payment towards an invoice is processed, the Create Payment Plan Invoices job needs to be run via SIS > Setup > Scheduled Jobs, which populates the next monthly installment.
Click the Filters button to filter data and apply filter rules.
a. To add more than one filter to a column, click on the green plus sign.
b. To delete an added filter, click on the red minus sign.
c. Click the gray arrow for additional filtering rules.
For more information on how to use the Filters feature, see the Filters document.