The Invoice Report displays the invoices pertaining to the specified search criteria. The General Report includes the description, date, customer, facility, invoiced amount, balance, paid amount, deferred amount, and total balance. The Detailed Report displays the separate allocation amounts as well as the associated accounting strip.
1. In the Billing menu, click Invoice Report.
2. Select the type of report you'd like to generate by clicking either the General Report tab or the Detailed Report tab.
3. Be sure the correct fiscal year is selected from the pull-down. The year defaults to the current year.
4. Select and enter the applicable search criteria in order to generate the invoice report.
5. Select the Open check box to include open invoices in the report.
6. Select the Overdue check box to include overdue invoices in the report.
7. Select the Paid check box to include paid invoices in the report.
8. Select the Internal Accounts check box to limit invoices to internal accounts only. If selected, you can also filter the report by applicable internal accounting strip elements, such as Fund, Facility, Internal Account, or Internal Project.
9. Select the Not Voided check box to include invoices that have not been voided in the report.
10. Select the Voided check box to include voided invoices in the report.
11. If searching for a specific invoice, enter the Invoice Number in the provided text box.
12. If searching for a specific transaction, enter the Transaction Number in the provided text box.
13. If searching for invoices created during a specific timeframe, enter the Date Range in the provided text boxes; include a beginning date; the end date is optional.
14. If searching for invoices that pertain to a specific customer, select the Customer from the pull-down.
15. Select the applicable Debit Account from the pull-down to pull invoices that only pertain to the select account.
16. Select the applicable Credit Account from the pull-down to pull invoices that only pertain to the select account.
17. Select the check box to Display Element Descriptions on the report.
18. To filter the report based on accounting strip elements, such as a specific Fund, Center, etc., enter the element code in the applicable text field. You can filter by as many elements as needed.
To conduct a search of accounts, click the Account Lookup button. This opens a pop-up window giving you the ability to search through all available elements and corresponding codes and descriptions.
19. When all search criteria has been entered, click Run Report to generate the invoice report.
The General Report displays the Invoice #, Invoiced By, Invoice Date, Description, Customer ID, Customer Name, Facility, Printed Past Due, Past Due Notice Printed By, Void Date, Invoiced Amount, Balance, Paid, Deferred Amount, Total Balance, MJ # (Manual Journal), and MJ Source & Amount.
The Detailed Report displays the Invoice #, Invoiced By, Invoice Date, Invoice Title, Customer ID, Customer, Facility, Printed Past Due, Past Due Notice Printed By, Void Date, Invoiced Amount, Balance, Allocation Amount, Paid, Total Deferred Amount, Paid Deferred Amount, Description, Due Date, Deleted?, Type, applicable accounting strip elements, such as Fund, Function, etc., MJ # (Manual Journal), MJ Source & Amount.
If you see grayed out lines in the report, it means there are multiple lines of information that pertain to the same Invoice #.
20. The columns displayed are included in the report; however, if you find specific columns unnecessary, you can remove columns by clicking Toggle Columns. To hide a column from the report, clear the selected check box. To include the column, select the check box.
If a column has been hidden from the report, upon navigating away from the screen, the column will remain hidden until the check box is selected via Toggle Columns.
The Current Page Totals and Grand Page Totals are listed at the bottom of the report.
The Current Page Totals displays the total for select columns, such as Balance total for the selected page. In this case, there are multiple pages; therefore, the current page total displays the total for Page 8.
The Grand Page Totals displays the total for the entire report for select columns, such as Invoiced Amount. This amount will be the same regardless of the page selected, as it is the grand total.
Note: These totals change based on any applied filters to the data. For more information on using Filters, see Additional Features.
You have the ability to save your report before or after running the report. Click the floppy disk icon to name and save the report.
a. Name the report and click Save.
b. Click the Trash Can icon to delete a saved report, and then click OK in the confirmation message.
c. To edit a Report Name after saving, select the report in the pull-down, then click the Blue Arrow next to the Trash Can. In the pop-up window, edit the Report Name and click Save.
d. In order to generate a saved report, from the Invoice Report screen, select the saved report from the pull-down; your report will generate automatically.
To navigate through the listed pages, click the Prev and Next buttons. To jump to a specific numbered page, type the number in the page text box and press Enter.
Click the Excel icon in the Export section to export the report to an Excel spreadsheet, where it can then be saved to your computer.
To print the report, click the Print icon in the Export section, and follow your computer's prompts for printing.
a. To can add more than one filter to a column, click the green plus sign.
b. To delete an additional filter, click the red minus sign.
c. For additional filtering options, click the gray arrow for a filter pull-down.
The Page Size determines the numbers of results displayed per page. To customize the Page Size, click the field and enter in the desired amount, such as 20.
You can sort data by clicking on any of the headers. Click once for ascending results; click twice for descending results. In the image displayed, Invoice Date has been clicked twice.