Test History Report
The Test History Report tracks the name, date of administration, school year, grade level, and scores earned on every test logged in Focus. The Test History Report allows groups of students to be compared, based upon their performances on a test.
1. From the Assessment menu, click Test History Report.
2. Select a Test from the provided pull-down.
You can change the selected Test at any point while on the Test History Report screen.
3. Once a test is selected, the Student Search module will display. Before conducting a search, you still have the option originally shown on the previous Test History Report screen to select Test Not Taken to narrow the results down to students have not taken the selected test--as opposed to searching for students who have already taken the selected test. To generate search results based on students who haven't taken the test, select the Test Not Taken check box.
You can select or clear the selection of the Test Not Taken check box at any time while on the Test History Report screen.
The test Not Taken check box is also available via More Search Options in the Test History section to display students who have not taken the selected test.
4. To search for specific students, click the Search Screen tab and enter the student's name or student number in the Student text box.
To pull data for all students who did or did not take the selected test, leave the Student text box empty.
5. For a more advanced search and the ability to define a specific subset of students, click More Search Options. In the example shown, Grade 09 has been selected; therefore, all 9th grade students will be pulled.
6. Before conducting your search, you have the ability to select a Student Group from the provided pull-down. Note: Student groups must be set up beforehand in order to use this functionality via Students > Student Groups.
7. You have the option to Search All Schools by selecting the corresponding check box. If this option is not selected, students will only pull from the school selected via the school pull-down, located in the header of the screen.
Selecting to Search All Schools will change some of the More Search Options filters. In the example shown, Grade 01-08 has been added.
8. Select the check box to Include Inactive Students. Selecting to Include Inactive Students will display two other options as well: Include Previous Years Inactive Students and Use Most Recent Enrollment. Select the corresponding check boxes to include the appropriate students.
9. When the Student Search and/or More Search Options has been defined, click Search to go on to the next page. If needed, you can click Reset to clear everything on the page and start over.
For more detailed information about conducting a student search, see Searching for Students.
1. Upon conducting your search, the appropriate students are listed. To sort student results based on specific test parameters, such as Show Most Recent Administrations, select the appropriate filter from the Options pull-down.
You can change the selected Options at any point while on the Test History Report screen.
2. There are several options pertaining to how score types are displayed. Select the check boxes to display the applicable scores types, such as Scale Score (Expanded Standard Score), National Percentile, and/or Raw Score in the Display Score Types section.
The Score Types that appear are based on what is set up in Standardized Tests.
Scale Score (Expanded Standard Score): The scale ranges from approximately 100 at Kindergarten to approximately 800 at 12th grade. The standard score scale is a basic index of growth when it is possible to compare the current standard scores with those obtained in one or more earlier testing programs.
National Percentile: The percentile-rank scale ranges from 1 to 99 and compares the performance of an individual student with other students at the same grade level.
Raw Score: This is simply the number of test items that were correctly answered by the student.
You can select different score types to display at any point while on the Test History Report screen.
The Test History Report displays the student Photo (if applicable), Student name, Student ID, Grade, Admin Date, School Year, Admin Gradelevel, and School Administered. The additional columns displayed are dependent on the Test selected as different parts contain different parts.
3. For detailed information pertaining to a specific student's Test History, click the name in the Student column. For information on Test History, see Test History. The Test History screen can also be accessed via Assessment > Test History.
a. Once a student is selected, Focus will navigate to the Test History screen. To return to the Test History Report, click the Back to Student List link located at the bottom of the screen in the footer.
Clicking the red X next to the student's name in the header will navigate to a new Student Search in the Test History module. However, you can still click the Back to Student List link to return to the Test History Report results, as long as another search has not been conducted.
Click the floppy disk icon to export the information to an Excel spreadsheet.
You can sort data by clicking on any of the headers. Click once for ascending results; click twice for descending results.
If looking for specific information housed within the resulting students, type the information in the Search text box provided and press Enter.
To make the list full screen, click on the expansion icon (four arrows) next to the Search text box. Once in full screen mode, click the icon again to exit full screen.
Use the Filter text box located at the top of each pull-down for a quick search. Begin typing the name or number of the desired field in the text box.