Verification Sheets/Sub Rosters
The Verification Sheets feature gives admin and teachers the ability to confirm, print, and verify (sign) attendance, which can be a great asset for auditing purposes and state reporting. In addition, the same sheets can be transformed into a roster for a substitute to easily take attendance.
1. From the Attendance menu, click Verification Sheets/Sub Rosters.
This navigates to the Verification Sheets/Sub Roster screen where Verification Sheet Options displays.
2. First, you must select the Teacher for whom you need an attendance sheet/roster. You can select as many teachers as needed.
Click Check all visible to select all teachers when generating Verification Sheets. Select all the teachers who have a substitute when generating Sub Rosters.
Use the Filter text box located at the top of each pull-down for a quick search. Begin typing the name or number of the desired field.
3. Select the Period from the pull-down. You can select one, multiple, or all periods as needed. For Verification Sheets, select all periods for which attendance is taken. For Sub Rosters, select all periods that a substitute will be present.
4. Enter the Timeframe for which you need verification of attendance. Note: This can be set to a future date if wanting to use as Sub Rosters for taking attendance. For Verification Sheets, enter the FTE window in the provided text boxes.
5. Select a Mode.
If using as attendance verification, select One page per class. This selection will break up attendance by class.
If using as a sub roster, select One page per day per class (with empty Absent / Present / Tardy columns); this will allow for the sub to fill in the blanks (take attendance) as needed.
6. You can also choose from the Extra section.
You can include Page Breaks between each section for each course.
You can Print teacher signature lines; this extra can be helpful if using for state reporting and/or auditing purposes.
Hide empty classes (i.e. classes without any assigned students): This option is useful when a teacher has a placeholder class with no enrolled students.
Use FTE Period: FTE windows must be set up by the district for this option to apply FTE dates to data being pulled into the Verification Sheets. Note: This selection was customized for Texas.
Show classes that don’t take attendance: This option is useful for specials in Elementary school or Study Hall in Secondary school where a substitute will need to know who should be in the class regardless of whether or not attendance is taken.
Do not display Student IDs: Select the check box to hide student ID number when generating verification sheets or sub rosters.
Include Room Number: Select the check box to print the room number in the header of the sheet/roster.
Print Student Alert Icons: Select the check box to display alert icons on the printed verification sheets. Note: The alerts printed on the sheets must first be set up via Setup > Edit Rules & Workflow > Alert Icons tab and must be enabled so teachers have permission to view them; i.e. select the applicable Teacher profiles from the Profiles pull-down.
7. When all selections have been made, click the Print or Preview buttons to verify and print attendance sheets and/or sub rosters. It is recommended that you preview the attendance sheets before printing to be sure they are accurate.
8. Shown in the image is an example of the One Page per day per class (with empty Absent / Present / Tardy columns) Mode. When finished previewing, click Return to Focus to print.
9. Shown in the image is an example of the One page per class Mode. As seen in the image, these attendance sheets do not have the empty columns and show all of the dates of attendance set in the Timeframe. When finished previewing, select Return to Focus to print.
If you selected Print teacher signature lines, they will appear when printing; they do not display in the Preview.
10. Once all selections have been made and the rosters or sheets have been previewed, click the Print button for a print preview. From this screen, click the Download icon to download the page to your computer, or click the Printer icon to print the page.
When finished, click Return to Focus to return to the Verification Sheets/Sub Rosters screen.