Verify Parent Accounts
The Verify Parent Accounts screen allows users to easily review parent account setup requests. Once the parent information has been reviewed according to district processes, the user can either accept or reject the parent’s account request. Accepting the request will enable the parent’s account, allowing them to access their child’s information via the Focus Parent Portal.
1. From the Users menu, click Verify Parent Accounts.
2. Select the Search All Schools check box to search for unverified parent account registered at all the schools to which you have access.
3. Select the Show Verified Parents check box to review parent accounts that have already been verified.
4. Select the Show All Parents check box to view all parent accounts, those that have been verified and those that have not been verified.
Unverified parent accounts reflect parents who have gone to the Focus Parent Portal and have requested a user account in order to be able to view their student's information. Review the information for verification in accordance with district processes.
5. To verify an account, select the check box next to the account. This check box is only active for accounts that have not been verified.
Select the check box in the column header to select all accounts at once.
6. Click Save.
7. To review account information, click the Student name to view Students > Student Info.
8. Click the Parent name to open Users > User Info.
9. To deny an account request or remove an account verification, click the delete button (black minus sign).
Click the Filter button to add Filter Rules to parent accounts. Start by adding one rule, such as Grade Equal 07, as shown in the image. The first pull-down is the listed columns. The second pull-down is the rule, such as contains, equal, starts with, etc. Then enter the information you'd like to filter by in the text box. Once entered, click Run Filter.
a. Click the Add Rule link to add an additional filter.
b. You can clear the filter by clicking the Clear Rules link.
c. To remove just one rule/filter, click Remove next to each listed filter.
d. You can further customize the filters using the AND/OR pull-down if more than one rule is being used.
If looking for specific information housed within the resulting information, type the information in the Search text box provided and press Enter.
To make the list full screen, click on the expansion icon (four arrows) next to the Search text box. Once in full screen mode, click the icon again to exit full screen.
You can sort data by clicking on any of the headers. Click once for ascending results; click twice for descending results.