Teacher Schedules Report
The Teacher Schedules Report displays a list of teachers and their scheduled sections for each period of the school day. The report can be used to make changes to a teacher's schedule directly on the report. The Teacher Schedules Report can also be used for packaging sections.
1. In the Scheduling menu, click Teacher Schedules Report.
The teachers are listed in the first column of the report, and the sections assigned to each teacher are listed in the Period columns across the report. The number next to a section indicates the number of students scheduled into the section. If there is more than one section scheduled into a period for a teacher, the sections are displayed in red when Highlight on Double Scheduled is selected from the Show pull-down.
2. Click the Show pull-down to display different information in the report. You can select as many items as needed. Click Apply to display the selected options in the report.
a. Select Room Numbers to display the room number the section is assigned on the report.
b. Select Co-Teachers to display the sections the teacher is a co-teacher for on the report.
Co-teacher sections cannot be dragged and dropped to a different period or teacher. Changes must be made in Courses & Sections.
c. Select Course/Section Numbers to display the course number and the section short name on the report.
d. Select Terms to display both Semester 1 and Semester 2 classes on the report.
If Terms is not selected to display, only classes scheduled into the term selected at the top-right corner of the screen will display on the report.
e. If rotation days are enabled at your school, select Rotation Days to view the rotation days each section meets on the report.
f. Select Totals to display the total number of students scheduled in each period as well as the total number of students in all of the teacher's sections (the Total Students column displays on the right side of the report).
g. Select Highlight on Double Scheduled to highlight periods that have more than once section scheduled for a teacher in red.
h. Select All Teacher Sections (when filtered by subject) to display all of a teacher's sections when filtering the report by subject.
For example, when "Exceptional Student" is selected in the Filter by Subject pull-down, all of the Exceptional Student sections display on the report. Selecting "All Teacher Sections (when filtered by subject)" and applying it to the report displays the additional sections for those teachers that are not Exceptional Student sections.
i. Select Limit to Singletons to display all of the sections that are singletons (only one section of the course is offered).
j. Select Limit to Doubletons to display all of the sections that are doubletons (only two sections of the course are offered).
The options selected from the Show pull-down are remembered and pre-loaded when you return to the Teacher Schedules Report screen.
3. Select the Rotation Days to view only the selected rotation day on the report. Click Apply to update the report.
4. To assign rotation days to a section, select one or multiple rotation days from the pull-down.
5. To filter the report by subject, select the subject in the Filter by Subject pull-down. Once the subject is selected, click Apply to update the report.
The report is refreshed and displays teacher schedules for the selected subject.
The report can also be filtered by using either of the filter options, whichever method you prefer. The first Filter button allows you to add one or multiple filter rules to filter the report. The second Filters button allows you to filter on each column of the report, just as when using the Filters functionality on data tables throughout Focus.
6. To customize the columns that display on the report, click Customize Columns.
7. In the pop-up window, click the columns to hide on the report.
The hidden columns are struck out.
8. Click Save.
9. Click on a section to view the section information in the Courses & Sections screen, opened in a new tab. Edits can be made to the section information as needed.
Sections can be moved to a different period or teacher by clicking and dragging the blue cross next to the section on the report. Sections should only be moved prior to building packages or scheduling students. If a section is moved to a different period or teacher after you have run the Scheduler, you will need to re-run the Scheduler in order to re-distribute the students. Co-teacher sections cannot be moved to a different period or teacher by dragging and dropping. Changes to co-teacher sections must be made in Courses & Sections.
The system preference "Lock Dragging on Teacher Schedules Report as of date" in Setup > System Preferences > Scheduling tab is used to prevent moving sections on the Teacher Schedules Report as of the defined date. You will not be able to move sections on the report on or after the date.
Click the blue cross next to the section and drag the section to a different period or teacher.
Moving the section will update the teacher and period on the section.
Sections are packaged for the purpose of linking the sections together for scheduling. This is most often used in elementary scheduling when sections for language arts, math, science, art, music, etc. are packaged together with the homeroom section as the parent section. This can also be done at the secondary level to link two sections together, such as Economics semester 1 section with Government semester 2 section. When scheduling students, students scheduled into the parent section will automatically be scheduled into the linked child sections.
1. Locate the teacher to create a package for on the Teacher Schedules Report.
2. Click the first "child" section.
3. In the Courses & Sections tab, click the Choose link the Parent Section field.
4. In the pop-up window, click the subject, course, and the homeroom "parent" section.
The selected section will display in the Parent Section field in the Courses & Sections tab.
5. Click Save, and then close the tab.
6. Repeat this process for the rest of the child sections.
The Teacher Schedules Report can be saved with the filters and parameters you have set so that the report can be run again at a later time with these settings intact. The saved report is available in the Reports menu under My Reports and in Reports > Saved Reports.
1. At the bottom of the screen, click Create Report.
2. Enter the Report Title and click OK.
The Saved Reports screen is displayed, with the report displayed in the My Reports list. From here, you can run the report, edit the report title, select profiles and schools to share the report with, and delete the report.