Student Info: Immunizations
The System Preference for immunization compliance accesses student data for missing immunizations, which also generates a District Report. The Student Info module displays Immunization Compliance for each student; if Immunization Exemptions apply, they can also be logged on the Student Info screen.
See Florida Shots Integration for information on importing immunization records from FL Shots.
1. From the Students menu, select Student Info.
2. Conduct a Student Search for the student(s) in question. When the student(s) has been identified, click on the student’s name to open Student Info. See Searching for Students fore more information.
3. From the tab menu on the left side of the screen, click Immunizations.
Your district may log immunizations under a different tab, such as Health.
While the sections may be in different orders per district, you will see the Immunization Compliance section and the Immunization Exemption section.
The Immunization Compliance section houses the student’s immunization compliance records as of the last runtime of the compliance rules against that student. This section displays the current compliance status for the student given the selected ruleset, but cannot be edited.
In the Immunization Compliance section you will see several columns: Vaccination, Compliance, Rule Description (as defined in system preferences), and the Exemption Status. Note: The Exemption Status pulls from data enter in the Immunization Exemption section.
The Immunization Exemption section allows you to log records to control possible exemptions. This allows you or medical staff at the district to make adjustments to the compliance protocols for a student by overriding the Immunization Compliance system. When an exemption is added for a vaccination type, the Immunization Compliance log field will display this information in the Exemption Status column.
In the Immunization Exemption section you will see several columns: Immunization, Exemption, Exemption Date, and Exemption Expiration Date.
1. Click on the Immunization pull-down to select the correct one.
2. Select the Exemption from the pull-down; choices include Medical Exemption, Medical Exemption-Life Long, Reasons of Conscience, and Serological Confirmation.
3. Enter the Exemption Date (date the exemption was granted), and the Exemption Expiration Date (if applicable). Note: Dates can be typed in or selected using the pop-up calendar feature.
If entering new information into the Immunization Exemption section, be sure to click Save before leaving the screen.
Click Filters to further breakdown data.
a. To add more than one filter to a column by clicking the green plus sign.
b. To delete an additional filter, click the red minus sign.
c. For additional filtering options, click the gray arrow for a filter pull-down.
Sort data by clicking on any of the headers. Click once for ascending results; click twice for descending results.
Click the Excel icon in the Export section to export the data to an Excel spreadsheet.
To print data in a section, click the Print icon in the Export section as shown in the image above. Depending on browser settings, this will generate a print preview where you will have the ability to change the layout, print two-sided, etc.