Change Requests Set Up
The Change Requests feature allows the district and schools to determine what student information can be changed by users in Focus and whether the change needs approval before being updated in the system. In Setup > System Preferences, the district can set up a disclaimer to display when parents access the Child Info screen. In Users > Profiles, the district or schools set the disclaimer to display for the parent profile(s), select the information each profile has the permission to view and edit, and select whether those changes require approval by the school.
1. To set up the disclaimer to be displayed upon accessing the Child Info screen, select System Preferences from the Setup menu. Note: Using a disclaimer is optional not required.
See System Preferences for more information.
2. Click the Default School Preferences tab. Then, select the General tab.
3. Locate the Disclaimer for editing Student Info preference. In the provided text box, enter the disclaimer that will display when parents access Child Info. The field supports markdown formatting; click the Markdown Editor link for advanced settings.
4. Click the Save button to apply the entered disclaimer.
1. From the Users menu, select Profiles.
For more information see Profiles.
2. From the Permission Type pull-down, select Menu.
3. From the Role pull-down, select Admin.
4. From the Profiles pull-down, select the applicable profile(s).
5. When all selections have been made, click Submit.
6. Scroll down to locate the Change Requests permissions in the Students section of the screen.
7. Select the View check box next to Change Requests to allow users to view the Change Requests screen.
8. Select the Edit check box next to Approve/Deny Change Requests to allow the selected profiles to approve and deny requests.
9. Select the View check box next to Cancel Change Requests to allow the selected profiles to view cancelled change requests.
10. Select the View check box next to View all Change Requests to allow the selected profiles to view change requests submitted for all schools in the district.
11. Click the Save button to apply changes.