Reauthorization (Teacher Programs)
The Reauthorization screen allows administrations to aid teachers in deciding how students will be scheduled during the next billing period in order to help automate the billing process, as well as the scheduling process.
1. From the Users menu, click Reauthorization.
This will lead you to a Find a Teacher user search module where you can begin setting criteria for a search. The Search Screen module includes a search bar, the More Search Options feature, and options to Search All Schools, Include Parents, and Include Inactive Users.
2. Enter the user's name or ID in the User text box.
Click the User List tab for a complete list of users without conducting a search. You can also simply click the Search button and leave the User text box empty to pull all active users.
The search bar is not case sensitive, and full or partial entries can be in either a first last or last, first format. The comma is necessary in the last, first format. A full user name or ID number can also be entered into the search bar. Searching for "ma" will pull every user whose first or last name begins with "ma" into the search results.
3. Click More Search Options to search for groups of users with similar information in any number of user fields and/or user data.
4. Click Search.
To clear search parameters and start over, click the Reset button.
5. All resulting users will display in the User List. When you find the correct user, click on the user's name to open the user's Reauthorization screen.
6. The user's name is displayed in the top right corner. Click the small red X next to the user's name to close the user and search for another one.
7. To navigate to the next or previous user in the original resulting list of users, click the left and right blue arrows. Note: If one of the buttons is inactive, it's because you are either at the beginning or the end of the list of users.
To open the selected user's User Info record, click on the user's name displayed in the header (next to the red x).
1. Select the course for which you want to post grades from the Teacher Program pull-down.
2. Review the Student Name, Student ID, and Grade Level columns, then select the applicable Grade for each student from the pull-down.
3. For a complete legend of grades, click the i (information) icon next to Grade Validation Legend.
a. The Grade Validation Rules pop-up displays all applicable grades along with the corresponding Program, Event, and Course Completion Code. To close the window, click the white X.
4. Once a grade is selected, select a course Completion Code from the pull-down.
The Completion Code pull-down was previously called Schedule Enrollment Codes. When a code is selected it will apply to the student’s schedule record.
5. When a grade is selected, the Credits column becomes active. Edit the Credits awarded as needed by clicking into the text box.
6. Select the Include Inactive Students check box to post grades for inactive students as well as active students.
7. To expedite the selection process, click Mass Update.
a. From the Mass Update pop-up window, select the Column to update en masse from the pull-down, then select the Value to be populated in the selected column. For example, if you select Course Selection from the Column pull-down, you can update all student records as Continuing in: from the Value pull-down.
b. Click Update when selections have been made.
You can also select the Length column to be mass updated via the Column pull-down by Section, Course, Hours/Custom, or a designated time frame as populated in the Value pull-down.
Once grades, completion codes, and credits are saved, the Course Attendance column automatically calculates the students’ attended hours in the course for the last three years; when saved, the attendance number displays on the students’ schedule record in the Course Att Hours field. Note: The field is uneditable.
The Competencies column contains a competency file upload. This field allows uploads that will be saved to the grade record, if it exists. This upload field will display based on whether or not a grade has been entered and saved. Note: A grade record needs to be saved in order for this file upload field to function.
8. Click Scan to scan a document directly from your scanner or click Upload to browse for and attach a document.
a. Click the arrow icon to expand the upload feature.
9. Make a Course Section selection for reauthorization from the corresponding pull-down.
Select Continuing in: if the student will remain in the current course.
Select Program Completer if the student has completed the program.
Select Do Not Register if the student will not be continuing in the program.
You also have the option to select any other active courses within the same program that the student should register for next. These courses must have a future start date and must be set up for reauthorization. For example, if the student finished Adult Basic Education Language but needs to take Adult Basic Education Mathematics, you can select the course from the pull-down.
10. Depending on the Course Selection made, different options display in the Length pull-down. If you selected Do Not Register or Program Completer, the Length pull-down becomes inactive. All other selections require a Length selection from the pull-down, which vary depending on the course selected and semesters/terms/hours set up by administration.
In the example shown, the only available option for contining in the current course is Semester 3 with the define time range.
11. When all selections have been made, click the Save button.
12. If applicable, you can review the students' Estimated Course Completion date, as well as Print Reauthorizations. You can click Print Reauthorizations and Check/Uncheck All Reauthorizations when reauthorizing not when posting grades.
Click the floppy disk icon to export data to an Excel spreadsheet.
Click any of the headers to sort data. Click once for ascending results; click twice for descending results.
If looking for specific information housed within the search screen, type the information in the Search text box provided and press Enter.
To make the search screen full screen, click on the expansion icon (four arrows) next to the Search text box. Once in full screen mode, click the icon again to exit full screen.
To print data, click on the Printer icon in the Export section.
Click Filters to further breakdown data.
a. To add more than one filter to a column, click on the green plus sign.
b. To delete an added filter, click on the red minus sign.
c. Select the gray arrow for more filtering options.
For more information see Filters.