The Grade Levels screen is used to set up the grade levels at the school. Options to roll from one grade level into another for the next school year are also set on this screen.
1. In the Setup menu, click Grade Levels.
2. In the blank row next to the plus sign, enter a Title for the grade level, such as 09 for grade 9.
3. Enter a Short Name for the grade level.
The short name should reflect the short name from the previous data system for data migration.
The Grade Level pull-downs display the Title instead of the Short Name entered here on the Add a Student and Enrollment screens if there are two or more Grade Levels that have the same Short Name but different Titles.
4. Enter a Sort Order for the grade level.
This determines the order in which grade levels display. The grade level with the sort order of 1 should be the grade level students roll into when they transition into this school from another (such as elementary to middle school).
The Next Grade field should be set after all the grade levels for the school have been added and saved, as the pull-down is populated based on the grade levels that have been set up.
5. If applicable, select the Start Year and End Year if this grade level only existed for this school during certain school years.
6. Select Students can roll into this grade level to allow students to roll into the grade level when rollover is conducted.
7. Click Save.
The Next Grade field is used to set the grade level students will roll into for the next school year. This should not be set until all the grade levels have been added and saved, as the options in the Next Grade pull-down are populated based on the grade levels that have been set up. The Next Grade field should not be set on the highest grade level at the school, as those students will no longer be enrolled at the school.
1. For each grade level (except for the highest grade level at the school), select the Next Grade.
2. Click Save.