Associate Students with Parents
The Associate Students to Parents screen allows users to view students attached to users as well as associate new students to users, which can be useful for tutors, case workers or 3rd party advisors who need limited access to a specific cohort of students, in addition to the parents who need additional students added to one account.
1. From the Users menu, click Associate Students with Parents.
The Search module defaults to the Search Screen tab. This displays the Find a Parent module, which includes a search bar, the More Search Options feature, and options to Search All Schools, Include Parents, and Include Inactive Users.
2. Enter the search criteria in the User text box.
The search bar is not case sensitive, and full or partial entries can be in either a first last or last, first format. The comma is necessary in the last, first format. A full user name or ID number can also be entered into the search bar. Searching for ab will pull every user whose first or last name begins with Ab into the search results. To pull last names that start with Ab add a comma: enter Ab, in the search box.
3. Click More Search Options to search for groups of users with similar information in any number of user fields and/or user data.
4. Select the Search All Schools check box to search for parents across all schools for which you have access.
5. Select the Include Parents check box if attaching students to parents.
6. Select the Include Inactive Users check box to include inactive users in your search.
7. Select the Only Show Most Recen Enrollment check box for the most recent enrollment is first determined by start date, then end date, and finally by user_enrollment id. When this option is selected:
- A new user with no profiles assigned (enrolled) at all displays as “Invalid Profile” or not at all because there is no enrollment to show.
- If a user has multiple profiles at one school, it will return the most recent enrollment at that school (there will be one record row for that user).
- If a user has profiles at multiple schools, it will return the most recent enrollment at each school (there will be one record row for that user at each school).
8. Click Search.
9. All resulting parents/users display in the User List. Click the User name to view associated students.
10. Click the red X next to the user's name in the top right corner to close the user and start a new search.
11. Click the user name or photo to open User Info.
12. To return to your user search, click Back to User List.
1. Select the User from the User List to associate new students or view students already associated with the parent/user via Students > Student Info > Addresses & Contacts > Linked Users or Users > User Info > Attached Students.
2. The students already associated with the parent/user are displayed. Click the delete button (black minus sign) to dissociate to the student from the parent/user.
3. To associate new students with the parent/user, start by conducting a student search. Enter the student's name in the Student text box and click Search. For more information on conducting a student search, see Searching for Students.
4. From the resulting students, select the check box next to the student(s) to be associated with the parent/user.
5. Click Associate Selected Students at the top of the screen or the bottom of the screen to attached the selected students to the parent/user.
A green check mark displays along with the following message: The selected user's profile now includes access to the selected students. In the Students Currently Associated section, you will now see the newly added student.
6. Continue to add students as needed by conducting a new student search.
Begin typing data in the Filter text box to perform a quick search.
Click the Check all visible and Clear selected links for quick selections.
Click the floppy disk icon to export data to an Excel spreadsheet.
If looking for specific information housed within the resulting information, type the information in the Search text box provided and press Enter.
To make the list full screen, click on the expansion icon (four arrows) next to the Search text box. Once in full screen mode, click the icon again to exit full screen.
You can sort data by clicking on any of the headers. Click once for ascending results; click twice for descending results.