Import Staff Photos
The Import Staff Photos module is used to upload staff photos into Focus individually or grouped in a .zip file.
Before uploading photos, all file names must be saved in Staff ID format.
1. From the Users menu, click Profiles.
2. From the Permissions tab, select a Permission Type, a Role, and the Profiles from the provided pull-downs. Click Submit to access profile permissions.
3. Navigate to the Setup section, and the Import sub-menu.
4. In order to import staff photos, the profile must have View and Edit permissions selected via the provided check boxes, as shown in the image below.
You must have View and Edit permission if you want to upload photos for staff members via the Use Webcam link.
If the Edit check box for Upload photos to all schools is not selected, and photos are uploaded that contain staff from a school other than the school you are logged into via the school pull-down, an error will display: Error: No user at this school matches this ID. If the permission is enabled, you will able to upload photos that contain staff from any school.
If Overwrite Existing Staff Photos on Upload is not selected, and you try to upload photos for staff who already have a photo, an error message will display: Error: File already exists. When the permission is enabled by selecting the Edit check box, you will have the ability to upload photos for staff who already have a photo.
You must have permission to Overwrite Existing Staff Photos on Upload to upload and replace existing photos for staff members via the Use Webcam link.
5. Click the Save button when all changes have been made.
For more information about Profile permissions and settings, see the article titled, Profiles.
1. From the Setup menu, click Import Staff Photos.
Previously uploaded staff photos are listed along the left side of the screen, as shown in the image below.
2. To delete existing files, click the red minus sign (delete button).
a. You can also choose to delete multiple files at once. Select the check boxes next the File Name to indicate the files to be deleted; select the check box listed in the header to select all the files.
b. Once all files have been selected, click the Delete button at the bottom of the screen.
c. Select the check box in the header to select all files at once.
3. To filter through existing images, click the Filter button.
Once enabled, you can begin filtering data. To add more than one filter to a column, click on the green plus sign. To delete an added filter, click on the red minus sign. Select the gray arrow for more filtering options. For more information click on the following article: Filters.
4. To upload a file, click Choose Files and select the file from your computer. Alternatively, click and drag a file from your computer into the browser. For images to display correctly, the file names need to be the Staff ID numbers.
There is a 10 MB limit per image, and images should be in .jpg format. Re-uploading an image will overwrite the existing file if the Profile permission, Overwrite Existing Staff Photos on Upload, is enabled. See the section, Setting Profile Permissions for Importing Staff Photos for more information.
If no errors occur, you will see the the status: Uploaded in green, as displayed in the image below.
5. Click the Use Webcam link to take photos from your webcam.
The use of the webcam depends on profile permissions via Users > Profiles. For more information about permissions, see Setting Profile Permissions for Importing Staff Photos.
a. Once Use Webcam is clicked, your webcam is opened. Using the pull-down, select the applicable staff member for whom the photo is being taken.
Use the Filter text box to quickly find the staff member. Start typing the user's first name, last name, or ID to pull applicable users to the beginning of the list.
b. When ready to take the photo, click Take Photo.
c. Once taken, the photo displays in the bottom box where you have the option to save the photo. To keep the image taken and upload it as the staff member's photo, click Save Photo. To take another photo, click Take Photo; this will replace the last image taken.
When the photo is saved, a pop-up message displays: Image saved.
Uploaded photos display via Users > User Info for admin and My Information > My Profile for teachers and staff.